Daniel and Friends Fund is a Non-Profit Organisation which was launched in January 2014 in remembrance of Daniel le Roux, who passed away at the tender age of three due to complications related to Leigh's Disease.
The Fund is driven by directors Lianie le Roux and Kate Laurie, who themselves are mothers to special needs children. They strive to provide an extensive range of support to other families caring for differently-abled children, with the unique insight provided to them through their own personal experiences.
We, being the Directors of this Fund and mothers to children with special needs ourselves, have a magnificent dream - to create the platform for a stronger, more intimate special needs community
We have four main areas of focus, which are:
1. Parent support
• A 24hr Online Support Group
• Emotional/Psychological Support (with the assistance of a Psychologist / Social Worker)
• Education (Facilitating training sessions in respect of CPR courses, therapy intervention; power point presentations, etc.)
• Family Inclusive Activities (group outings, social events, etc)
• Hospital visits
• Group interactions (e.g. playdates)
• Financial assistance (supporting payment of therapies, day to day needs
• Sponsoring of equipment (e.g. wheelchairs, walking frames)
3. "Giving back" by means of contributions to:
• Community-based organisations (homes, hospitals, etc)
• Special needs projects
• Organising of events to raise funds for, but not limited to, the abovementioned items.